Who knew that blogging would be all about these meme thingies.
The vonderful Noorster
has tagged me, and it would be amiss of me not to play along. So along I play ...
1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, scroll down to the 5th sentence
3. Post the text of next 3 sentences on your blog
4. Name of the book and the author
5. Tag 3 People
1. The book closest to me is in fact the Etymological Dictionary of the Hebrew Language, by Klein. Not exactly a novel, and not exactly written, as it were, in sentences. So, instead I turn to the book that is next to my bed (which is not quite next to me, but is next to where I would prefer to be most of the time, so it almost counts).
2. P. 123. 5th sentence:
'Tell me what you think I'm thinking.'
'I think you're thinking it's time we got off this ship.'
'I think you're right,' said Zaphod.
4. Yes, all you clever people out there who guessed, I'm reading (once again) The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
, by Douglas Adams, having just finished reading (once again) The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
. There was a time when I would read the entire H2G2 series at least once a year, to the point where I could actually recite most of them. That was the period of time that I now like to call When I Didn't Have A Life
. Fortunately, though, even though I do
now have a life (at least, demonstrably) (I do, really ...), I still find Douglas Adams amusing, although I am less inclined, these days, to laugh out loud - it tends to frighten the dog.
5. Tagging will once again be by the honor system, as is my wont, however, there is a catch this time: I would like you to tag yourselves alphabetically
. I'm trusting you to get this right. Now, who's handle begins with an A ... ?