Thursday, December 14, 2006

Commenting

Ok, I can't seem to comment for now on blogger blogs that have gone beta, apparently because beta is going alpha (or gamma) (or whichever way these things work - I have no idea which it is) and so in the meantime, my blog (which uses a format best described as 'sug zayin'*) is, apparently, incompatible. That is the only logical reason I can think of for this particular fault - and blogger's help page (the blogger buzz) doesn't even mention this as a possible problem. All it says is that sometime in the indeterminate future, all blogs will be new version (alpha or gamma or epsilon or whatever), including sug zayin blogs like mine.

I wonder whether blogger beta users can post comments here? And I wonder how I will know if they can't ... :)

In cyberspace, no one can hear you scream ...

____________________
* sug zayin is a pun on sug bet which in Hebrew means 'second class', bet being the second letter of the Hebrew alphabet. zayin is the seventh letter of the alphabet, but is also, essentially the word for 'dick' (of the phallic variety), so sug zayin is basically used to describe something that's really been fucked over (pardon my Latin).

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a recently-switched beta blogger, so if you can see this comment, you'll know that at least something works.

14 December, 2006 01:51  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

Yay! I can see your comment, Liza, I just can't leave a comment on your blog (or any other beta blog) ... drat.

14 December, 2006 02:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not just comment as "other" rather than "blogger" for the meantime?

15 December, 2006 01:47  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

Jennifer - tried that, but to no avail. I cannot even leave an anonymous comment ... nada.

15 December, 2006 05:35  
Blogger Udge said...

Same here, none of the options work for me either.

15 December, 2006 12:54  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

udge - How reassuring!! Thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone!! (I was beginning to think that maybe I was ...) I presume that it will sort itself out when they drag the rest of us kicking and screaming into the 21st century :)

15 December, 2006 14:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just left a comment on liza's blog, and the commenting on her blog is done under https (secure server) so I'm smelling a browser setting that's fouling things up.

First off, what browser and what version of that browser are you using?

15 December, 2006 14:39  
Blogger Tsedek said...

I cannot leave a comment on SOME beta-blogs. And, to make it even more confusing: there are some on which I can leave a comment sometimes, and other times I cannot.

While trying to post this comment I'm also having troubles "server not found" (but that's a different story all together I suppose)

16 December, 2006 01:19  
Blogger Nobody said...

NC

you have nothing more interesting to post about than your woes with the beta version of blogspot ?

;)

22 December, 2006 03:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home