Monday, November 06, 2006

Step 1 - the table ...


Some of you might remember this project (and its inherent misspelling), which I announced a few weeks ago. Well, it is slowly coming to fruition. After painting the chairs and the table, this evening the table top was added. Personally, I think it looks great. Now all I need is something water-proof (and preferably transparent) for the seats of the chairs, otherwise, we'll all be able to look at the beautiful table, but no-one will be able to sit at it ...

You can see, from the left-hand chair, that I'm playing with an idea there, but it turns out that in order to fully implement it, it will be very expensive, so I'm looking for slightly cheaper options ...
Ideas, anyone?

:)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh! aaaaah!

06 November, 2006 12:00  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's beautiful! where can i get a table-top like that? did you buy it?

08 November, 2006 12:22  
Blogger Matthew R. Loney said...

Wicked!

Now you can sit on your balcony, at your newly furbished table set, have a glass of wine and watch the world end comfortably!

Thoroughly jealous of your handy-craftiness...

08 November, 2006 17:01  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe a hostile takeover of your dwelling (with furniture) will be necessary within a reasonable near future date. Jealous jealous jealous

08 November, 2006 18:41  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

Thanks guys for the compliments! Now to specifics ...

John - oooooh! aaaaah! back at ya on your new apartment.

nicole - yep, I ordered it from a guy who does marble and glass work in Yafo. Reasonably priced and quality workmanship, so I'll be going back to him, that's for sure.

bullfighter - it's always important to have a good place to sit in order to watch Major Events. Which is why I need to get the chairs done ...

Stefanella - hostile takeover bids will be defended vehemently, however, once I have something to sit on, I'm thinking that a brunch might be in order ...

09 November, 2006 01:59  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

Brunch! Yay! I'll make corn muffins!

09 November, 2006 02:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home