Thursday, September 28, 2006

The reason for my absence

Part of the reason that I was away from the blogosphere for so long is that I was in this city:



Mostly at this particular part of it:



Where I spent quite a bit of time staring at this wall in semi-disbelief:



... semi-disbelief that it had all finally arrived in one piece (ok, five pieces) and was actually hanging on a wall.

People, I give you: nominally-challenged's first ever commissioned painting.

Additional, and arguably better photos can be found on Flickr, but are restricted at the moment to friends only. If you wanna see them, you've gotta get a flickr account and tell me in 25 words or less why I want to be your friend (or, of course, wait until I decide to make them public) ... :)

With sufficient encouragement, I might post some other paintings ...

I hope this is an acceptable reason for a prolonged absence from blogging :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Liza said...

The painting is beautiful, but alas, I am ignorant. What city were you in? :-(

28 September, 2006 08:10  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

Liza, thanks! Well, I was hoping that someone might guess, but the answer was given away by contestant no. 3!

Tif, thanks! I've added you and I will be putting more up - maybe here too ... if the encouragement is good enough :)

Noorster - it's better than blaming it on the boogie :)

29 September, 2006 10:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home