Tuesday, August 15, 2006

The 'posting cos I didn't post yet' post

Hello people,

Just checking in, cos it's been a few days since I've posted and people are wondering if I'm dead. So no, I'm not dead, just - like Monty Python's parrot - resting (and possibly pining for the fjords ...).

Birthday came and went but I had a bit of a virus thingy, so the celebrations have been postponed for the moment.

Last night I went on absolutely the world's most boring date. I'd blog about it, but that would be giving the guy way too much credit. Suffice it to say that sometimes, accents speak louder than words.

Well, have heaps of work, so I'd better get back to it.

Ciao for now!

*** Update ***

It occurs to me that I ought to have mentioned that Mr. Boring Date spoke with a French accent. That may have made the whole "accents speak louder than words" punchline thing actually work.

Buttocks.

4 Comments:

Blogger MechanicalCrowds said...

Are you gay or is your profile incorrect??

16 August, 2006 13:55  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

mechanical - as the proverbial capital of France. Unfortunately, no prizes for guessing that one, there are hints just everywhere ...

16 August, 2006 15:53  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

LOL @ Noorster

18 August, 2006 01:33  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

DatingMaster - oh, usually it is. Wonderful meals with fabulous people in delighfully colorful places and, as I think you meant, delicious 'repartee'. Which is why I'm considering the option that this particular guy wasn't really gay. I think he was just (*gasp*) homosexual ...

Either way, there is no way it's as bad as J-Dates ... no way!

25 August, 2006 03:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home