Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Just a rant

Bugger.

I wrote a really funny (in my view) comment on someone's post yesterday, and today I can't find the blog I commented on, in order to see whether anyone else thinks I'm really funny as well. How frustrating. Literally thousands of people could, by now, have read my comment, and commented on it, and I don't know about it. I could be famous, for all I know. And yet, I don't know about it. And probably never will. And all because I have the memory span of a guppie.

Bugger.

And in equally distressing news (can you tell that I'm in denial about the WAR that I am not writing about?), today, I went to post a comment on someone's blog, went to all the trouble of limiting it to 1,000 characters (what's that about?), only to find that when I pressed send, I got that horrid window that says "page cannot load" or something similar. And clicking "back" didn't take me back. I was in internet twilight zone. With the wind totally blown out of my sails. (How's that for a mixed metaphor?)

Bugger.

8 Comments:

Blogger Udge said...

Let me guess: you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer on Windows XP? So switch to a Mac.

08 August, 2006 14:04  
Blogger Udge said...

Or at least use a good browser, e.g. Firefox.

08 August, 2006 14:04  
Blogger Udge said...

Seriously though, even not-good browsers maintain a history of recently-visitied sites, the default setting on IE is (I think) the last 200 pages. So it should be possible to figure out where you were by reviewing the pages that you viewed in the right time period. HTH

08 August, 2006 14:05  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

Udge: true, true, true. But the thing about ranting is, that the rant itself is the point. If you solve the object of the rant, you do away with the very existence of the rant, and that is counter-productive. So arguably, at least, by ranting about it, I don't actually want to find the comment at all ...

QED

:)

08 August, 2006 16:11  
Blogger Udge said...

Well, yes; but I always a literalist.

09 August, 2006 14:47  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

Yes, Udge, we know that. And that's what makes you so lovable. (And infuriating?)

10 August, 2006 11:31  
Blogger SavtaDotty said...

Definitely switch to firefox. Don't be a dinosaur! (look who's talkin' - hah!)

12 August, 2006 04:18  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

Ok ok!!

I switched to Firefox!!

Now what?

12 August, 2006 04:22  

Post a Comment

<< Home