Monday, July 17, 2006

No pain, no gain

Following, as always, in Savtadotty's ingenious footsteps, I decided that I need to have a plan to see me through this war. This is not because I fear that Tel Aviv might soon be a target. Apart from the fact that I am, as ever, alert, it is also my personal (and therefore completely unfounded) opinion (read 'desperate hope') that if Nasrallah had been going to hit Tel Aviv, he would have done so by now.

No, the reason I need a survival plan is that I need to have something that's going to actually physically pull me away from the television / internet / other medium of choice and stop me from turning into part of the furniture.

Therefore, I have just returned from the gym, which I have just joined.

Yes, once again, I have parted with a not-inconsiderable amount of well-earned money, in the hopefully not entirely vain hope that this time, as opposed to countless other times, I might in fact make use of my gym membership.

I have two reasons for thinking that:

1. The gym has a pool
2. There's a war on

I figure that at the very least, if I end up looking like this then it can't have been all bad, and if I don't, then I can always blame the Hizbollah.

I celebrated by swimming a whole kilometer (with breaks of course!). And I'm now a little achy ...

2 Comments:

Blogger nominally challenged said...

Yael - yep! Pool is cool! :)

Noorster - shucks! But how do you know? When did you last see me running along the beach at sunset in my speedos? ... :)

Anyway, 'that guy' is Eitan Orbach - one of our swimming hopes in the 2000 Olympics who, unfortunately, just couldn't come up with the goods, and ended up going into modelling instead ...

18 July, 2006 02:08  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

John - ain't it though? :)

18 July, 2006 03:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home