Thursday, January 06, 2005

And another thing ...

Ok, so I'm a newbie.

But for the life of me I can't work out how I get other people's blogs listed on my blog page. I think I know how to link to someone else's blog. I think you do it like this. That should have sent you off to Savtadotty's blog (and so should that ... :-) ) But (and I know, you shouldn't start sentences with "but", and that's the second time I've done it in one blog ...) BUT, how do I get that nice list that everyone has of their fave blogs. I already have some faves and I wanna link to them (throws tantrum ... waits a few seconds ... tantrum comes boomeranging back - that's an Australian thing ... sorry).

Help, o fellow bloggers!!

And many TIAs!

2 Comments:

Blogger SavtaDotty said...

Here's your geeky God daughter again. To list your faves in a nice column at the side of your site, sign up at

www.blogrolling.com

and potchky around with their instuctions and their sample HTML code. Be sure to save your template (copy-and-paste it into a Word document) before you put any new code in it, in case you mess it up (like I did).

Also, I think you're supposed to notify the people whose blogs you list in your brogroll. I thought the monkeys at blogrolling.com would do that magically once you added each link, but I'm beginning to get the impression they don't.

07 January, 2005 02:51  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

Oh dear, that's awfully complex. I thought it was just like adding favorites to my web browser, only that I add them here instead.
Well, it's going to have to wait till I can find the time to do it.

13 January, 2005 10:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home