Monday, January 03, 2005

It's raining, it's pouring ...

Ok, I was berated off line last night by an anonymous blogsphere personality for not blogging often enough - i.e., for only having one entry in my blog so far. "But I only received three comments on my existing entry," I protested, "and two of them were from my fairy goddaughter-cum-adopted mother ...". "Nevertheless," my entreater entreated, "if you want more comments, you have to give 'em food for commenting! There's got to be something in their for them to react to!"

Ok, well, point taken.

So this morning, when I woke up at the crack of noon to find that it was raining outside, I thought to myself - what better way to start the day off than with a blog?

What better way indeed?

And now, I am watching the rain make a valiant (and successful) effort to enter my apartment through all sorts of cracks around the windows, or through the space between the sliding doors that don't quite close properly. For 10 months of the year, this doesn't bother me, but when winter comes - short but in any event, most patently there - I suddenly remember that the windows don't exactly fit their frames; that the doors don't quite meet each other in the middle. And all of a sudden, my apartment a mess of temporary, ad hoc solutions.

Somewhat like the country I live in, really. A mess of temporary, ad hoc solutions.

But I won't grouch about that. Not today anyway, because it's raining. And the rain really is a blessing.

Anyway, just so that you maintain your levels of interest, in future episodes I intend to unravel the mystery of how Savtadotty is my fairy goddaughter and also my adopted mother. And I fully intend to run a serious name competition - entitled (oddly enough) "Name Nominally Challenged!". But, before I do that, I need to make sure that you could even give a damn, so I shall keep on typing, and hope that something that I write strikes a chord somewhere, with someone. Someday. Some - well, you get the idea.

That's all for now.

NC

(By the way, the time on this thing is really strange - it seems to be set on California time. Are all blogs on California time? Is the blogsphere a real place in California? This wouldn't surprise me, I ask merely for information ... In any event, for the real time that I wrote this, add 10 hours. That's Tel Aviv time)

1 Comments:

Blogger SavtaDotty said...

What with all those leaks, you could call your blog "An Unsealed Room," but that name is already taken by another Israel-based blogger!

03 January, 2005 06:31  

Post a Comment

<< Home