Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Watsu

There is really only one word to explain the experience I had yesterday evening. That word is


Wow.


Watsu combines movement in water with massage and I can honestly say I have never felt anything quite like it. You lie, eyes closed, in a pool of very warm water, floating, supported by the therapist, and in this weightless state, the therapist - Kfir Keinan - moves you around the pool in all sorts of ways, so that at times you feel like you are whooshing through the water, and at other times, you are absolutely still.

And the feeling is indescribable.

It felt like I was a dolphin. It felt like I was a jellyfish floating freely in the middle of the ocean. And it felt, at least once, like I was a baby again, and totally protected. It felt like all sorts of other things too, but you'll have to discover those yourselves ...

I don't often do this, as my avid readers (all 4.3 of you) are aware, but I'm going to give Kfir and his treatment a plug, because, well, it was just so good.

So if you feel like treating yourself, and you're looking for something different, which will probably leave you speechless (as it left me, and I'm blessed with verbal diarrhoea), then check out Kfir's website (in Hebrew only at this stage, sorry, though it looks like he's planning to add an English translation sometime).

And happy relaxing!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tsedek said...

Walla! and he's cute as well I saw *blush*


:D :D :D

01 September, 2007 09:26  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

Hehehehe, Tse - naughty ... ;-)

You're right, he is. But more importantly, he's totally good at what he does. Seriously recommended :)

01 September, 2007 14:17  
Blogger Lioness said...

Good God! Did he used to work at the Dolphin Reef?? Does he have a twin brother? I know him! I actually ventured into the Hebrew and yes, it IS him! He - eh, or his brother - once became very pissy at me bcs I took Pinokio, a pregnant cat to be sterilised. Well, that allowed her to be adopted shortly aftwerwards and to not be rounded up and dumped somewhere after having become accustomed to being fed and pampered all those years as often was the fate of Reef cats. I had regrets, wish Israel was a place where every kitten finds a home, but never did regret having paid for it.

How amazing to have found a bit of my past through you!

03 September, 2007 05:58  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

Hey Lioness :) Small world, huh?

05 September, 2007 14:28  
Blogger Nizo said...

no Yom Kippur post?

then you must be preparing something for Succoth

22 September, 2007 18:35  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey NomChal!
just a shoutout from your 4.7 reader that i am back at reading your posts after a longish break (i'm an expat in Amsterdam now) and i've missed you:P
happy belated new year!
K. of the I.F.

23 September, 2007 00:26  
Blogger nominally challenged said...

Hey K of the IF in the N, I have posted something new just for you.

As for Succot, Nizo, not sure yet. If I write a Succot post between now and tomorrow, you'll be the first to know :)

25 September, 2007 05:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home